Every 10 years the Texas Historical Commission, in collaboration with our partners, develops a Statewide Historic Preservation Plan for Texas. Preservation Connection: Texas’ Statewide Plan for Preservation (2011-2020) is an opportunity to lay a pathway, or perhaps blaze a trail, for Texans to preserve, protect and leverage our historic and cultural fabric for the betterment of our communities statewide.
We have developed this site as a dynamic place to discuss, learn, share and collaborate as we all strive to implement this plan. This website will evolve as we all interact and contribute to it, so visit often and comment frequently!
As you explore the plan, make sure to:
- Join the preservation network and become part of an ever-growing directory of partners.
- Tell your story. Share your local projects that connect to this plan. These case studies will help build the plan into a dynamic information tool.
- Browse projects that local preservation groups submitted to the plan, as well as case studies and resources, and be inspired by all the preservation action happening in Texas.
- Use the vision and goals of this plan as a framework for your own local preservation planning and customize strategies for your community or organization.
- Share this website with members of your organization, interested friends, family and colleagues.
- Download a summary of the plan, or the full document, for your reference.
Wondering what our last plan looked like? Download Preserving our Heritage: A Statewide Plan for Texas.